Create a Scene Boom Cards are one of my favorite tools to design because they target multiple skills with one set! I created these using magnatic scenes with one of my individual kids. I love these and might have a few of them. They are such a fantastic tool for speech therapy.
In each Create a Scene or Build a Scene Boom Card Deck, digital images or “stickers” are added to a background. When using these in person or telepractice, I have the child describe the item they want to place and then have them tell me where they are putting the item or where they want me to place them. I can also ask ‘wh’ questions regarding features, function, or class. You can also use these to have your kiddo work on narrative language by creating a “story.” These are some of the most versatile tools for speech therapy.
- Prepositions – Where are the items? Where do you want to place the time?
- Articulation – Great for creating phrases with target sounds/words.
- Naming – Have the child name the items in the scene.
- Creating a sentence – Sentences can be made with the item’s name, location, and so many more options.
- Imaginative play – These scenes are fun to create stories about what is happening or what might happen in the picture.
- Answering Questions – You can use the picture scene to ask the child a variety of sentence types.
- Asking Questions – Have your students ask each other questions about the picture scene
- & more
I have created a Create a Scene Boom Cards deck for free. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!