Great Apps for Practicing Articulation
So first, I have to admit that I have an “app-diction.” To say I have a ton of apps would be an understatement. I started using an iPad back with the original (that’s my story, and I am sticking with it).
I have to give myself an app budget. I am pretty much cut off right now!
So since I am on app restriction, I figured the perfect thing to do would be to share the ones I love and the new ones I am trying out.
I want to share the ones I currently use and the features I like the most or least.
- ArtixPik offers word and sentence-level practice.
- Choose words by phoneme and word placement (initial, medial, and final).
- Work on multiple phonemes per individual per session.
- Play with an individual or with a group.
- Practice words using flashcards or a matching game
- Allows you to record and replay
- Use the happy/sad faces to track and for
Webber’s Photo Articulation Pro offers:
- Varied response by imitation or spontaneous
- Initial, medial, and final positions of words
- Choose between 1-2 or more syllables
- Word, phrase, and sentence level practice
- Set the accuracy level and score production by correct, incorrect, or approximated
- Allows you to take notes in the session
- It offers nine types of motivational games
- Data tracking over time with graphing